Tuesday, April 28, 2009

1rst 18 player sng

haven't really posted for awhile. Busy with family stuff. My daughter had emergency surgery but is doing great now, back to school, back to her normal straight A self. Anthony's band is really taking off, just laid tracks down, and they Flooding the Atlantic, have a huge following on MySpace. Really proud of his commitment to his music, and is grinding it out in college. A girl stopped by the house yesterday looking for him, she looked pretty torn up. He spoke briefly with her, then came in and I asked what was wrong with her, I wasn't surprised to learn she had just been released from jail, meth charges. She was a walking poster for rehab seriously. I found out he hadn't talked with since Junior Year, "she just started hanging out with the wrong crowd.' I said in passing, "promise you'll never even try Heroin or Meth, Anth." "No I'll stick with pot."
Johnny potsmoker......
I started really keeping track of my poker, mainly focusing on sng's to build some kind of bankroll, just really sick of depositing, playing a month or two and having to reload. i know it's all about broll mgmt, and esp for me its' really about consistency. I never have consistent results, I take a first, and then cancel it out with placing out of the money. Back to the vids, watching everything on sngs, and I've been really inspired by Nick Rainey, who has despite what everyone says, has managed to consistently grind out a profit with sng play and has been on top of the Leaderbds forever. I kept seeing his name everywhere, and started reading his blogs, on the forums as well as his personal. He lit my fire again, just seeing his results laid out has given me something to aspire to. Another idea that I hadn't really explored was the 18 man sng's.
I gave it a shot tonight and played one at the 3. lvl. Hey that's the ABC's of me baby, that's where I'm confined to until I get some scratch built up, and I took FIRST. Really proud of that, I'm going to add those to the mix, and thanks to Nick and his postings I really did treat the game as having 2 bubbles, right before we combined to FT I tore it up, and again at the FT, amped up my aggression. Key hand, i limped late on ss in the sb, he of course pushed, i instacalled with my 77s, vs his ARag, and built a hefty stack that built my confidence right up and took my through.
I always do everything 110%, as an RN I'm always striving to be the best. Whatever ER I work in, and it's always been that way, I'm always running the place, setting standards for Trauma patients, family members, and staff.
With my family, I always give them my all, Im always here, just loving my best friend and husband the best way I know how, and he gives it right back to me.
Jimmy is the funniest guy I know, the best Boston guy around. Move over Dane, Matt, Ben, even Tom Brady no one holds a candle to Jim.
And I just want to get to that level with my poker. I love playing, I want to get better, I'm sick of being the fish. I look at my results on Sharkscope and want to throw up. I'm better than that. So I'm totally committing to fixing my numbers one game at a time.
thats pretty much it, the dogs are great, Sandy, our 1 year old Golden Retriever is a handful, but we love her and continue walking out the puppiness of her.

No comments: